Thursday 19 June 2008

John Lydon : I Didn't Make Duffy Cry

John Lydon, aka Johnny Rotten, has denied that he pushed singer Duffy at the Mojo Awards on Monday.


Reports claimed that the Sex Pistols frontman pushed Duffy away, making her cry when she attempted to have her photo taken with him.


A spokesperson for Duffy commented: "She went up to John to say hello and he seemed to push her out of the way."


"She was naturally upset but she didn't let it spoil her night and left on a plane yesterday morning to go to the States to do The Jay Leno Show. She's over it."


However, Lydon insists that the rumours are false, instead claiming that he didn't even know who the singer was.


Speaking to the Daily Star, Lydon said "People are trying to pin something on me, I don't know who this Duffy person is, or why she'd want to get publicity from this."


"I was doing an interview and she came up behind me - I didn't see anything. I've been with my wife for 30 years and I've been brought up to be polite and have respect for people, especially women. I never set out to do anything to her."




See Also